1. How did thinking in terms of shots and scenes influence your approach to communicating your design concept?
about the shot, the first thing i think is to separate the scenes. by the who, what, where, when, why and how. and i need to think how to press this by using lens, how to structure the scenes and what lens and angle is suitable for this scene. also, to get a good standard it is not enough, it also need to consider the light and using the filter. all this word together to delivery a right express of the design concept.
2. What motivated your choice of storyline structure? Can you think of an exemplar from a film that uses the same structure?
we want our user get attracted after watching or “when” the watching the video, so we need find their issue and how our product can overcome them. and they think their life can be better. i think Apple’s promotion ads always be good at this kind of thing, they using very simple scenes, but the effect is quite good.
3. What choices did you make about audience and style? Were they related?
Our user is that people who have multiple entertainment devices and they get confused about learning how to use them. i think the audience and the style are related. our audience is young people have interest about new product, so that the style need to attract this kind of user.
How did physically acting out help to explore ideas? physically acting calls my brain in different part as usual. I need to visualize ideas. so i can ”feel” my idear in new dimensions. Did you refine your ideas and solutions to the problem through body storming? In what way? yes, when body action be present, i can feel more degree of the same problem, such as ”feel dizzy on the airplan” What was difficult or challenging about body storming? the most challenging part is that it require more creative presentation, Does body storming lend itself to certain types of problems? Yes, there are some scenarios which is not easy to express , and it become inconvenient, such as a person sleeping on the plane smell some unpleasant taste.
1. How did taking the position of an Extreme User influence your thinking in relation to the design challenge? Was it different to how you usually generate ideas and empathy?
It is much different to used extreme user comparing with usually thinking process, for example our group choose the romantic. so i need recall the romantic scene that i can image to do it, it does not happen commonly in my daily life.
2. Did any of the other design thinking techniques (design provocation cards, stories, storyboards, etc.) help you to work through ideas and collaborate with your group members?
design provocation cards give me a lot inspiration, because i list some point that i have not thinking about, after watching it，i am be inspirated a new way to thinking.
by making a storyboard it help to get more Situation feeling and Shot feeling, which make it more easy to come up with a appropriate idea.
1. How did this exercise help you build empathy with prospective users?
This exercise help get familiar with how to fast catch the need interest and motivation for a interview, and these useful points will be used to define the user need later.
2. How did the clustering of information help you to understand user needs?
the clustering is a higher level summary of the sub-point below, so before reading the detail carefully, it will give a common meaning, which will save more time.
3. What was difficult or challenging with the technique? How would you do it better next time?