1) Describe your experience of creating personas from different users’ perspectives gathered in the interview data. Was there enough commonality between the 4 people interviewed to form a coherent persona? Or did it make more sense to create a second different persona?
To form a coherent,first of all, we need a good interview to cover enough aspects about our topic. For our group ,the topic is Catching public transport, so we need to ask questions covered different aspects about the topic such as “how often?”, “the reason”, “some experience” and so on.It help us to find people’s attitude and opinion about the public transport.
For our group,we all come from China and at the similar age,we can find many approximate answers and it is enough to form a coherent persona. However, for the people from different cultural background and technology literacy, some totaly different opinion will appear so that we need ti create a second different persona and add more commonality to improve each persona.
2) Do you think your final persona(s) was successful in generating empathy with users? What would you change to make it better?
I think our final persona was successful in generating empathy wirh users because all our group members are from the same cultural background , technology literacy and at the similar age, we can find more similarity information to creat our persona. To make it better next, I think more interviewer could help us get a more accurate persona.
1) How did this exercise help you build empathy with prospective users?
This exercise let me know that interview will be a good tool for me to understand what the users’ needs, many useful information can be found in the interview such as users’ interests and needs.It is important to focus on the details to help us build empathy with propective users, meanwhile, The designers need to improve our ability to information summary so that they could recognize the users’ requirement better.
2) How did the clustering of information help you to understand user needs?
By clustering of information, we can find different kinds of users’ need, we can also recognize the most common needs of users. It is a good skill for a designer to find the most popular requirements of their users then they can draw a better solution to meet their users’demand.
3) What was difficult or challenging with the technique? How would you do it better next time?
The most challenging with the technique for me is clustering of information, it is really diffiicult to summary all the details by different users and interviews.When you see many different information, it will be hard for you to arrange them into different aspect.For example, there is one problem in our group:when we see a data about users like to use amazon to buy a guide book, we take it granted that it should belongs to the part of Internet.but it totally reflect that guide book is important. To do it better next time, we need think more before clustering of information.