Choose one of the objects you selected and describe how your initial understanding of its affordances changed over the course of the exercise?
I use my comb, it is really hard to find this object’s other function, finally I made it a scarecrow’s head, connect with chopsticks. but it looks weird.
1) How did physically acting out help to explore ideas? .
Actually, it makes me feel relaxed during the process.
2) Did you refine your ideas and solutions to the problem through bodystorming? In what way?
After we decided to use some solutions we use bodystorming to
test this solutions really can be used or not. For example, we designed a small table on the back of the airline seat to expand the leg room space. We tried to mimic the scene through the bodystorming.
3) What was difficult or challenging about bodystorming?
The inner ideas can hardly be displayed on the stage. What the bodystorming showed us is roughly about their simple behaviours, some specific problems are not clear.
The big problem about my project is privacy protection, all staff and students’ information should be kept in the app. students use the app to find each other and go home together, on the other hand, student also can use this app to commit crimes.
1) Describe your experience of creating personas from different users’ perspectives gathered in the interview data. Was there enough commonality between the 4 people interviewed to form a coherent persona? Or did it make more sense to create a second different persona?
- in my experience, 4 people is not enough to make a coherent persona because if a company need to use a persona in advertisement, they should collect a lot of data and find the similarities from particular group, then the persona could attract users.
2) Do you think your final persona(s) was successful in generating empathy with users? What would you change to make it better?
- The final person what we made is a girl whose name is X, her persona represented a part of young girls (the age between 20-24), she always try to find cheaper daily necessities and foods. we make X looks like a real person. however, there are some drawbacks. we did not give more details about X ‘s life style and habits, it could made the persona more vivid if we add that.