Abhiruchi Chhikara – achh2452
From the various exercises in the tutorial, I formulated the following problem statement :
Michael needs a way to select a gift that does not offend any traditions of different cultures because he wants the receiver to be happy and like the gift.
The solution I came up with was :
1. An app that allows you to enter in Gender, age and ethnicity to recieve advise on gifts to avoid.
2. Labelling on products ( in shops and online shops) with warning sign about the gift possibly being offensive to certain traditions
All connected via a central gift traditions database.
- How did engaging with a real person, testing with a real person, change the direction your prototype took?
Things that I thought would be a problem weren’t as much of a problem with the person I was working with. So I had to dig deeper to see an issue that he could potentially have.
- What was it like showing unfinished work to another person?
The prototype was rushed and things didn’t look exactly the way I would like. I had to explain everything to the user. I didn’t want it to seem like that would be the quality of work later.
- As a User, how did you interact with your partner’s level of lowly-resolved prototype; how did the level of resolution impact your experience as a user?
Due the lowly resolved prototype, I had a lot of questions. I kept in mind that it wasn’t the end product and that the prototype did not cover all the features.
- Design thinking is an iterative, self-directed process. Based on what you learned, what would you go back and do next? What would you do over again?
Make a better/more developed version of the prototype. Look at the lay out of my labels, graphics, formatting bit closer to the latest product. I would also add the things that came up at improvements.
- What principle, what tool would you infuse into the work tomorrow?
This products has two streams : Labels on products, online database and an app. The success of the product doesn’t not only depend on consumers but also gift sellers.
I would like to map out all the key stakeholders and then interview them to get there feedback to further refine the product. I would like to conduct interview of more than 1 person from each group to make robust design decisions.