1) Describe your experience of creating personas from different users’ perspectives gathered in the interview data. Was there enough commonality between the 4 people interviewed to form a coherent persona? Or did it make more sense to create a second different persona?
- As we were all students and our chosen topic was the use of public transport, it was quite easy to be able to gather and analyze data to create just one persona. The categories we chose to include in our group questionnaire were age, frequency, purpose, preferences, average journey time, cleanliness, destination, user experience, and opal card use. While there were a few discrepancies in some areas, we largely found commonalities across the spectrum of responses gathered – thus giving rise to ALEX, our group’s persona.
2) Do you think your final persona(s) was successful in generating empathy with users? What would you change to make it better?
- Overall, I feel that we did generate empathy as we were able to point out ‘Alex’s’ preferences and frustrations, goals and backstory – although this was only briefly.
- I think because the topic and questions generated from the chosen topic were quite limited and straightforward, we weren’t able to expand and dig deeper into each user’s responses.