1. Briefly reflect on the lessons learnt from each exercise
a. Reflective listening
I learned some small tips while doing an interview from two aspects:
- As a speaker, I should be mindful and responsible. I am also suspected to describe things in details.
- As a listener, I need to show respect and often paraphrase while listening to make our communication more fluency.
b. Defamiliarisation of everyday reality
Public transportation really brings me headache:
- Every time I spent long time on them, I felt asleep.
- The train sometimes are not on time during weekends, and each time I miss a train I have to wait more than half hours.
- They usually are full of people which makes them crowded and noisy.
From this activity, I learned how to consider situations in a different aspect by looking, listening and feeling myself really in that circumstance.
c. Experience modelling
Throughout this practice, I experienced different feeling– almost blind– through the eyesight and my camera shaded by cling wrap.
After that, I somehow could understand the experience of half-blinded people walking on the road. Further, I can also guess the experience of the people who lose his eyesight totally.
I believe this kind of experience can help me build a rough but useful user experience for molding.
2. Complement your reflections with photographs of the process
3. Include a scanned copy of your defamiliarisation forms (public transport)