1) Describe your experience of creating personas from different users’ perspectives gathered in the interview data. Was there enough commonality between the 4 people interviewed to form a coherent persona? Or did it make more sense to create a second different persona?
- The topic we chose was “Going to the supermarket”.When creating personas,we first transformed answers into short key word phrases and listed those phrases out.After this,we found out that on some question,it was hard to summary users’ perspectives from the data.And because of the insufficiency of the data,the commonality didn’t show on the question.But it was an isolated instance.On most questions,we did have similar perspectives,and it is quite enough for a coherent persona.I think it is mainly because of the similarity of our ages,education background and culture.
2) Do you think your final persona(s) was successful in generating empathy with users? What would you change to make it better?
- In my opinion,I think this final persona is good but still need to be improved.In the background part,the story was too short and would not be helpful to build empathy with users.And because interviewees were all females,on some question,we may have some different perspectives,compared to males.What’s more,due to the insufficiency of the interview data,the commonality didn’t show on some particular question.
- To make this persona better,firstly,we should put more details in the background to make this person ”real”.And,to make data more representative,it would be better to take more interviews and from both females and males.