- How did engaging with a real person, testing with a real person, change the direction your prototype took?
The start of the communication and dialogue between a user in person will always be difficult and the key to the answer. In the week 1 tutorial, Yuqing is my partner. Getting to know about her, I felt it seemed easier for me to start with some details with strong and close relationship to personal taste and attitude, which might lead to a following conversation with more precise and important information. It is so interesting to see and learn thing from an indirect way and try to understand the User and her true need.
- What was it like showing unfinished work to another person?
She was so excited and happy seeing these fun, radical works designed for her with the unexpected outcomes. It is interesting to see the emotional change whether the user’s need has been met, with a more pleasurable experience expectation with some more different or radical operative oppotunities.
- As a User, how did you interact with your partner’s level of lowly-resolved prototype; how did the level of resolution impact your experience as a user?
I was so excited seeing my partner’s design for me to serve a daily practical daily function. As a user, the resolution of the prototype could always be a start to refine the design and to show the amount of work need to do to complete the final design.
- Design thinking is an iterative, self-directed process. Based on what you learned, what would you go back and do next? What would you do over again?
It is always hard to go back. The ideas merging first could always be the one from the origin and the one from sub-consciousness as the product of both experience and knowledge. However go back to the first conversation and first feelings about the design could be a good way to rethink and redevelop the prototype from a different and clear aspect.
- What principle, what tool would you infuse into the work tomorrow?
Why could always be the case with a story behind the answer. To know a story of the user could be a really good opportunity to see and to explore the user’s need and personal feelings. The emotion should always be considered as the guideline of the thinking or mental reaction of the user. To know User’s need and work out how to meet their need could be a really good framework to start thinking.